Application Deadline: February 28, 2024
The INTERMAG 2024 Conference provides travel support to a limited number of students working in magnetism and magnetic materials who wish to attend the Conference.
Student travel support is intended to partially offset travel costs.
Additional support will be available specifically for students and researchers from underrepresented countries.
The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is February 24, 2024.
- Support is for current students only. Postdoctoral fellows or non-students are not eligible.
- The student must be presenting an abstract at the Conference.
- The student’s supervisor must submit a letter of recommendation.
- The student must NOT have previously received a MMM/Joint Conference or IEEE Magnetics Society travel grant.
- Only ONE application per research group will be accepted.
- Preference will be given to students who are nearing completion of their PhD graduate studies, although a limited number of Conference travel grants will be awarded to graduate and undergraduate students.
Expanded Global Participation and Impact Support
To promote broader participation, MMM 2023 will also offer a limited amount of travel support specifically to researchers at institutions in countries that are historically not well-represented at the Conference, or to those whose attendance is challenged by global events such as the invasion of Ukraine, or other limitations. Applicants must attend the Conference in-person to be eligible for this support.
All researchers whose primary current institution is NOT in the list of nations below are eligible to apply for Expanded Global Participation and Impact Support. You will be considered for the Expanded Global Participation and Impact Grant, based on your country of residence, if you complete the form below by August 30, 2023.
Note that multiple travel and/or child-care support will not be awarded to a single individual (e.g. if awarded student travel support, applicants will be ineligible for the expanded participation and impact support).
Expanded Global Participation Grant eligibility for residents of countries NOT on this list:
1. Submit the online application forms below.
2. The student’s advisor must submit a letter of endorsement (The advisor will receive a link to submit their letter upon submission of application).
3. Only complete applications will be considered.
4. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in mid-March.
5. The deadline for submitting applications and letters of endorsement is February 28, 2024.
NOTE: All travel support recipients must complete either a W8 or W9 before payment is issued. Complete details will be sent to accepted applicants.
Student Travel Support Form: https://form.jotform.com/240043979996170
Expanded Global Support Form: https://form.jotform.com/240185634766160